OFFSHORE NEW ENGLAND CHAMPIONSHIPS
AUGUST 26, 27, 28 2016
MARBLEHEAD, MA, USA
- WRI, Inc. will be providing custom regatta weather forecasts before and during the event. See our weather page on this website for more details. Click here for the weather page.
- Gosling's Rum name the official rum of the 2016 ONE Regatta!
- New dinner price of ONLY $20 is now on sale for the Saturday evening party which will include live musical entertainment by the Chris Fitz Band and some great raffle prizes to those who attend!
- Register before AUGUST 19th to avoid the late fee click here to register today
- The VIP Pass is back click here to see what its all about
- The 2016 Notice of Race is posted click here to download and read it now.
- Online entry forms for the team Challenge are now available. Click here to fill out yours today!
2016 Offshore New England Championships
We welcome you to the 2016 Offshore New England Championships aka the ONE Regatta. The ONE Regatta is organized by the Mass Bay Sailing Association (MBSA). This is the third year for MBSA and the organization is very excited by the prospect of putting on a fantastic event. In keeping with the charter of MBSA we will be incorporating many charitable components into this year’s event.
The ONE Regatta is open to all types and classes of boats racing under (not just) PHRF, but also IRC, ORR, One Design and short handed. We will try our best to optimize the groupings of boats into fleets that represent a similar style of configuration so that like boats race against like boats. We encourage everyone to try to get enough boats of a particular model to attend, so that we can offer an individual class start. In that vein this year's event will be the 2016 Viper 640 New England Championship. We are very excited to host this championship for the Viper class and expect a great turnout from the fleet.
We endeavor to choose course styles and configurations that are best suited to the fleets that are racing. This means windward/leeward for the more grand prix fleets and random leg, longer courses for the jib&main fleets.
The three Marblehead clubs; the Boston, Corinthian and Eastern Yacht Clubs will continue to provide outstanding Race Committees on the three lines. They have been doing quite a bit of off-season work honing their skills and should be in great form this summer.
The Eastern Yacht Club is our shore-side host this year and will provide an unparalleled post-race experience.
We hope that you will plan on joining us for the area’s largest and most important championship regatta - the Offshore New England Championships. We look forward to providing you the best experience we possibly can.